Rob Reinhardt, LCMHCS, M.Ed., NCC
Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor Supervisor, Nationally Certified Counselor
As a counselor, it is not Rob’s aim to “fix” problems for you or your family. Rather, his goal is to foster your current strengths and help you to build new ones that empower you to deal with life’s challenges successfully. Rob understands the importance of accepting that our unique personalities and experiences make us who we are and will help you to discover ways to make that work in the context of life (school, work and relationships). Rob understands, supports, and enjoys working with a diverse range of people.
Rob provides the opportunity for growth and self-discovery in the context of a safe, supportive, and therapeutic counseling realtionship. He uses a holistic integration of Person-Centered, Cognitive-Behavioral, Reality, and Rational Emotive Behavioral techniques in his work. Often he also includes Brief Relationship Enhancement techniques, which focus on healthy communication.
Underpinning this approach is Rob’s belief that we are all part of multiple systems in our lives, each of which have an impact on us. Rob’s approach is collaborative and he is committed to work with clients to increase their awareness of choices and to empower them to live according to their own values and reach their chosen goals. He encourages clients to ask questions about his approach and techniques.
Consulting and Supervision
In addition to his work with counseling clients, Rob also:
- Provides clinical supervision for Licensed Professional Counselors (LCMHCA & LCMHC)
- Provides comprehensive coaching and consulting services for mental health professionals across the country through Tame Your Practice.
Education, Credentials & Affiliations
- Over 10 years experience in full-time private practice
- M.Ed. in Counselor Education from North Carolina State University, May 2006 (with Honors)
- Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor Supervisor (North Carolina License #S6768)
- Nationally Certified Counselor (Certificate #214103)
- Member of the American Counseling Association (ACA)
- Member of the Licensed Professional Counselors Association of North Carolina (LPCANC)
Additional Experience & Interests
- Column Editor for Counseling Today Magazine
- CEO of Tame Your Practice (consulting/coaching for mental health professionals)
- Co-Host of the TherapyTech with Rob and Roy podcast
- Creator of Describe cards – Activities and games for improving communication and understanding
- Co-Author of Private Practice Preparedness
- Fan of board games, ultimate frisee, music, science-fiction/fantasy, family, and travel.
In 2020 NC State Law changed the name of Licensed Professional Counselors to Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselors to better reflect the work that we do. All previous licensure requirements have remained the same. The former title may still be reflected in some of the areas of this web site and other documentation associated with Rob Reinhardt.